Outline: If you don’t know how to change AVI to MP4 with VLC or have trouble in converting
AVI to MP4 or find one better way to convert AVI to MP4, keep the guide.
Part 1: How to
Convert AVI to MP4 with VLC
VLC media player (commonly known as VLC) is a portable, free and open-source, cross-platform media player and streaming media server written by the VideoLAN project. It can play various multimedia files in addition to audio, VCDs, DVDs, CDs and different streaming protocols. VLC can work on Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Ubuntu and Android. You can use it to convert AVI to MP4. Download VLC first.
Full guide to convert AVI to MP4 using VLC:
1. Once your VLC program is installed to the computer system, you can kick start the process of converting your files in earnest.
2. From the menu bar, click on "media" and then follow up that with "convert/save".
3. The next step will be adding videos that you intend to convert and you will have to use the "add" button. Choose to add a single file or multiples.
4. Give the files suitable names and then select a folder where to store.
5. When you have chosen MP4 as the output format, complete the conversion process by clicking on "start".
But there still exist some VLC playing errors, like being closed with no reason, it can not play some supported videos. So we recommend the next solution and suggestion to you.
Part 2: Best Solution for converting AVI to MP4 - iFastime Video Converter Ultimate
iFastime Video Converter Ultimate is blazing-fast, intuitive all-in-one media toolkit which lets you convert and edit videos in one place on Windows 10. It can easily convert AVI to MP4 with superfast speed keeping zero quality loss by three clicks, and you can also easily use it to convert MP4 to AVI. Besides, it also works more than 200 video/audio formats converting, just read following paragraphs. If you are a Mac user, just get Video Converter Ultimate for Mac (Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan included).
Why choose iFastime Video Converter Ultimate?
- Convert all popular videos and audios
- Supports direct all Android devices and Apple devices
- Support for the latest Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Easy-to-use, 6X Faster and Zero Quality Loss
- Creat 3D movies with side by Side by Side, Anaglyph and Top/Bottom 3D effects
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate.en.softonic.com/
Simple guides to Convert from AVI to MP4 with iFastime Video Converter Ultimate
Step 1. Import AVI videos
Just click on "File" and then "Load Files" from the menu bar to add all files. Be very careful on this one so as not to import files that will not be required for the conversion.
Step 2. Choose MP4 as Output format
MP4 is the output format you are going to select for converting your AVI files. You can choose .mp4 from "Common video" or "HD video".
Tips: The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the "Settings" button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is a good choice.
Step 3. Start Converting AVI to MP4
Once you are done with the settings, start the conversion by clicking on the "Start Conversion" button located at the bottom right. You can choose the destination folder under the preferences section. When the conversion completes, click "Open" button in the main interface to get the transcoded files.
Comparsion between VLC and the easy-to-use converter, i believe you will have a smart choice. Wish your life better.
Have more questions about how to convert AVI to MP4 with VLC, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook.