Outline: In this article, we are going to talk about the Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 and how
to get rid of the trouble in editing our AVI files in this popular editing software.
When importing an AVI file, Corel Videostudio Pro X7 sometimes returns
the error "Unable to open that file. File uses an unsupported compression format." This often happens with AVI files that were created by digital still cameras or software that doesn't correctly
support the AVI standard. Plus, sometimes it doesn't show video, only the audio with. That looks as if it's one those naff mpeg-4 format AVI's. The problem is that video files have been
overloaded to contain different sorts of data, which is very annoying and now it's almost impossible to support them all. So, any fix to resolve the issues?
That means converting from one encoding scheme to a different one. Try using iFastime Video Converter Ultimate, which can help you change AVI into a different format (e.g. .mov, .wmv, .mpg) with least quality loss. You should then be able to import the new file into Premiere. Besides AVI, this video converter can also help you convert camcorder videos like AVCHD, MOV, MXF, MP4 etc to an editable format for FCP, FCE, iMovie, Avid MC and more for smooth editing. What's more, it's combined with powerful editing features like cropping, trimming, adding watermark... to meet your needs. Below is the detailed guide on converting AVI files to Corel Videostudio Pro X7 friendly video formats.
Plus, if you are a Mac user, just get Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, and it is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Free download the top video converter for Windows:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate.en.softonic.com/
Steps to edit AVI files in Corel Videostudio Pro X7 smoothly
1. Click "Add video" button to choose video files from your hard drive for converting. Or directly drag the AVI video files you want to convert to the left item bar.
2. Set right output format. Click "Format" bar, and select WMV(VC-1)(*.wmv) or MPEG-2(*mpg).
The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the "Settings" button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is also a good choice.
3. Click the "Start conversion" button on the main interface and the software will start to encode AVI to Corel Videostudio Pro X7 friendly video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files. Then you can effortless transfer the video files to Corel Videostudio Pro X7 for editing.
Have more questions about how to edit AVI Files in Corel Videostudio Pro X7, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook.