Outline: The easy workaround to fix AVI and Avid Media Composer incompatible issues Mac OS X El Capitan is to transcode AVI to a more editing-friendly format, such as DNxHD. Here is simple how-to.
As far as we know, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer and other editing
programs are usually meant for people who edit proper footage, is not for people editing .AVI videos, as the .AVI container is meant for distribution of video, not for editing. The best and
easiest way to import AVI files into Avid Media Composer for editing is to convert AVI to DNxHD .mov with iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
The program is a professional yet easy-to-use AVI to Avid Converter which can not only convert AVI to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer without quality loss, but also provide simple video editing functions for you like trimming, cropping, adding effect and more. The video convert app can also encode other files like MP4, MTS, MXF, AVI, etc to a common video or an editable format for various NLEs like Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle Studio, etc. If you want to transcode AVI to Avid MC on Windows, please turn to iFastime Video Converter Ultimate. Now download the software and follow the steps to re-encode .a to Avid DNxHD.
Hot search: 4K MXF to Avid Media Composer | MP4 to Avid Media Composer | AVI to Premiere Pro | AVI to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Free download the top video converter for Mac:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76448683.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/hekvsosm.html
- WinSite Download: http://www.winsite.com/Multimedia/Video/IFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for-Mac/
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.en.softonic.com/mac
How to Convert AVI to Avid Media Composer editable format on Mac OS X 10.11
Step 1: Load AVI video files
Run the best AVI to Avid Media Composer Converter and click Add button to load them for conversion. You can check the "Merge into one" box to join several AVI files together.
Step 2: Choose a proper output format
Click Format on the main interface and choose Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as output format. It ensures the best quality while working with the output files in Avid.
Step 3: Set proper video/ audio parameters
Click the "Settings" button and set proper video/ audio parameters. You can reset set the video size, bitrate and frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel. If you would like to use default settings, simply skip this step.
Step 4: Start encoding AVI to DNxHD on Mac
When you finish all settings, click the "Start Conversion" button to start the AVI to DNxHD .mov conversion. After the conversion, you can click "Open" button to get the generated MOV files effortlessly. Now, it's much easy for you to add AVI files to Avid Media Composer for further editing.
Have more questions about how to import AVI to Avid Media Composer on Mac OS X El Capitan, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook.
- Editing AVI Files in Corel Videostudio Pro X7
- How to Put DVD to iMovie on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan?
- Rip Blu-ray to Adobe Premiere Pro CC on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Rip DVD to Adobe Premiere Pro CC on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Simple way to Add Titles in Final Cut Pro X
- Import GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 to DaVinci Resolve 12