Outline: There is one easy and quick way to change DVD to AVI on Windows 0/8.1/8/7 or Mac
OS X El Capitan, just continue reading to learn how to.
Why We may Need to Convert DVD to AVI
1. It requires a DVD drive and a MPEG2 decoder.
2. Each DVD-Video disc contains one or more region codes, denoting the area(s) of the world in which distribution and playback are intended. The commercial DVD player specification dictates that a player must only play discs that contain its region code.
3. It is not as convenient as many videos could be directly stored in computer. This excellent video format also is with a lot of other requirements.
There are endless reasons why you might want to extract the contents out from a DVD disc and convert to a more manageable AVI file format. Anyway...If you are looking to quickly decrypt and convert a DVD to AVI videos on Mac/PC without any complicated settings of codecs and compressions, DVD Ripper is top choice for what you want to do.
Basic Knowledge about Ripping DVD to AVI
iFastime Video Converter Ultimate has been around for quite some time. It gives a good balance between power and ease of use. It can remove most of type of protections contained on DVD/Blu-ray disc through its decryption algorithm, and convert the movie files across an incredibly large array of formats including DVD/Blu-ray to AVI (.*wmv, .*mp4, .*mkv, .*mov, .flv). One of the nice things is its flexibility: the program is embedded with preset options to convert DVD for watching movies on just about every popular device, and lets you arrange several output settings to get full control over the quality/size of the exported video if you like.
If you are a Mac user, just get Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, and it is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Free download the top video converter for Windows:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate.en.softonic.com/
How to Rip and Copy DVD to AVI quickly?
Step 1: Insert DVD disc to your DVD drive, and run the excellent DVD Copy software. Click "Load file(s)" button to load your DVD. The DVD titles and chapters will be listed on the program within a few seconds.
Step 2: Select .avi format from Common video from Format.
Tips: The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the "Settings" button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is also a good choice.
Step 3: Hit "start conversion" to start rip DVD to AVI, the entire conversion speed is high, only a few time. As soon as the copying task finished, you can click "Open" button to locate generated DVD folder. Connect your hard drive to computer and transfer them into it or directly store it on your computer. The final output files have the same structure as that on the original DVD disc. Just have a try.
Have more questions about how to convert DVD to AVI on Windows 10/8.1/8/7, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook.