Have you encountered problems when streaming AVI files to Chromecast (2) for playback? Don’t worry, come here to get the solution quickly.
Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI
port on your TV. Set it up with a simple mobile app, then send your favorite online shows, movies, music and more to your TV using your smartphone, tablet or laptop. It allows you to stream MP4,
WebM, MPEG-DASH, Smooth Streaming, and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) video formats on your High Definition Television (HDTV). It requires a wireless connection using the Internet or a network
connected computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can play various multimedia content, but only Google Cast supported formats can be streamed directly.
If you would like to play unsupported formats and codecs, such as the complicated AVI, you will need to get an application like iFastime Video Converter Ultimate (Mac), to stream movies, TV shows, and music video with unsupported formats. In this article, you will learn about supported and unsupported video formats and how you can stream AVI using your Chromecast media player.
Chromecast Supported and Unsupported Video Formats
The default Chromecast video formats are MP4 and WebM. It also supports MPEG-DASH, Smooth Streaming, and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) video files. All other video formats are unsupported. The following information provides a brief introduction of supported and unsupported formats.
Standard supported Chromecast video formats include:
- MP4- MPEG 4 or MP4 video files uses the standard .mp4 extension. It is most commonly used to store video and audio files.
- WebM – An open video format for the web that allows everyone to stream video and audio codecs.
- Some unsupported video formats include:
- AVI – AVI (Audio Video Interleave), the most common format for audio/video data on the PC, is a multimedia container format with video and audio.
- MKV – The Matroska Multimedia Container holds video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file.
- FLV – Flash video formats are video files that are streamed over the Internet using the Adobe Flash Player.
- MOV – MOV is a multimedia file format that contains one and more tracks of data, such as audio, video or text.
- VOB – VOB (Video object) files are DVD-Video file formats that contain digital video audio, audio, and subtitles relevant to DVDs.
- 3G2 – This is video container file for audio, video, and text that is an extension of MP4.
Since Chromecast only supports few video formats, it is recommended that you
get a video streaming application that allows you to stream unsupported formats, such as AVI(because AVI has various codecs which are not all supported Chromecast). iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for example allows you to use Chromecast to stream unsupported formats through your
Windows computer to your television. With this tool, you can easily convert AVI to Chromecast and Chromecast (2) supported formats. Besides, it also can convert more videos to Chromecast
Hot search: ISO to Chromecastp, DVD to Chromecast, MP4 to Chromecast, Blu-ray to Chromecast, FLV to Chromecast (2)
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate.en.softonic.com/
How to Transcode AVI to Chromecast formats with iFastime Video Converter Ultimate?
Step 1. Click "Add video" button to add your AVI video files to the program. Or directly drag the video you want to convert to the left item bar.
Step 2. Click "Format" bar, and select .mp4 from "Common video" or "HD video" to fit Chromecast (2).
Tips: The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the "Settings" button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is also a good choice.
Step 3. Click the "Start conversion" button on the main interface and the software will start to convert AVI to Chromecast friendly video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files. Then you can effortless transfer the video files to Chromecast (2) for smooth streaming and playing.
Have more questions about how to cast AVI files to Chromecast (2), please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message atFacebook.