Top 5 Alternatives to MakeMKV : Top Best AlternativesMakeMKV is a video converting tool that
can convert videos into a format that are playable on any digital media device. It usually convert the format of video to MKV files that are usually played on almost every media forums. The other
features of MakeMKV are: it read out the DVD and Blu-ray discs, preserves all audio and video tracks including HD audio, preserves chapters information, fast conversion, multi-platform and many
more. However, Despite many obvious advantages of MakeMKV, it is not without its problem. Its limitations are also obvious.
Part One: Why we need to find a Best alternatives of MakeMKV?
1. Output Limits. The biggest limitation is that the output is only in MKV format. If you want to watch DVD movie on iPhone, iPad or iPod, you may be disappointed, you know. You require some Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to help you convert Blu-ray to other formats that iPhone, iPad or iPod support, like M4V, MP4 and MOV. So, MakeMKV is not the one-stop solution for your DVD ripping as it claimed to be.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
2. DVD Content Selection. The second step for DVD ripping in MakeMKV is selecting the DVD content. In the software interface, once the video source is opened you will see its contents as a tree structure. Normally, disc contains different titles (main movie and video clips). You need to select which titles you want to save and what tracks to keep in each title. For each item you will also see detailed information such as item type, size, length, codec, language and so on. This job presents many difficulties to the new recruit. Because beginners may not understand what these items mean and what are the consequences of their choices.
3. The Size of Output Text. I just had one test with MakeMKV software. I ripped a standard DVD and the size of output MKV movie file was up to 6GB. The subtitle of output movie was as big as you see.
4.Poor Picture Quality. As a 6GB large output file, the image quality was so bad, as shown above.
Based on these reasons above, you’d better choose a MakeMKV alternative that supports more output formats and devices and featured much higher selectivity, easier operation and “the maximum high-definition experience”. Following are the top 5 bet alternatives of MakeMKV.
Part Two: Top Five Best MakeMKV Alternatives for Better Blu-ray/DVD Copying/Ripping
ByteCopy is another professional Blu-ray DVD converter that convert movies to MKV, MP4, MOV with various subtitles and audio tracks. After using ByteCopy, you can enjoy 2D and 3D movie with multiple audio tracks and subtitles. It is capable in ripping BD and DVD to MP4 and MOV with multiple audio streams without quality loss. It can also convert BD and DVD from hard discs to virtually any popular video and audio format freely and easily. It is noteworthy that this Top Blu-ray/DVD Converter provides optimized TV profile specifically.
>> OFFICIAL WEBSITE
First in the list is SlySoft AnyDVD that is one of the best alternatives to MakeMKV. It is best for disabling unwanted movie features like forces subtitles, forced delays, and no-skip marks. It changes the format of video into a format that can be used on any windows operating system. The core features of SlySoft AnyDVD are: supports NTSC, supports PAL-DVDs, compatible with all video DVD media, works will all DVD drives, work with all DVD editing tools, etc.
HandBrake is one of the best video transcoders for converting video from all format to a selection of modern and widely supported codecs. It is free and open source and available for Windows, Mac and Linux. It can process from various multimedia formats to any DVD and Blu-ray sources that don’t contain any kind of copy protection. Outputs are file containers, video encoders, audio encoders and audio pass-thru. Following are the top six best alternatives to HandBrake.
RipIt is a DVD ripper for Mac OS X that enables the users to watch their movies anywhere. Use RipIt and transfer DVDs to Mac with ease and speed then carry these movies without the need to carry around discs. Easily transfer a DVD in one of two ways either ripping copies or compressing. Ripping is for subtitles, extras and alternatuive tracks. Compressing is for making the track capable in playing on iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV.
5-MacX DVD Ripper
MacX DVD Ripper is a DVD ripper that backs up and rips DVD movies to MOV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, iTunes video, minus all the copy protections that are vastly utilized in DVD movies. It has the ability to rip homemade disc and encrypted DVD movies for viewing on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Android HTC, Samsung, XOOM, Galaxy Tab, PSP, etc. MacX DVD Ripper is one of the best alternatives to MakeMKV for DVD ripping and converting.
Avidemux is a free video editor and convertor for cutting, filtering, and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF using a variety of codecs. It is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and Windows operating system. Binaries available here are freely redistribute for covering mounting CD/DVD and download site. It is one of the best alternatives to Handbrake. Avidemux can be also used in place of MakeMKV.
Pavtube ByteCopy offers the most simplified way for DVD content selection. That is, it helps user pick out the main title with full DVD content after loading the DVD. You just need to load DVD (first step), choose output format/device (second step), and run the conversion (third step). Before starting the process of DVD ripping and video converting, you can also, of course, select your preferable parameters if you want to customize the output video.
Note: Much wonderful software bundled with ByteCopy will provide you more amazing experience in converting videos. Go to Money Saving Software Bundles to get special offer for more software, such as ByteCopy + Video Converter Ultimate = Only $79.9, Save $27.1,ByteCopy($42) + ChewTune($29) = Only $54.9, Save $16.1 and so on.
- How to keep the original DTS HD-MA audio track from Blu-ray disc
- Rip Blu-ray movies to PS4 H.264 with Lossless Quality
- Rip Hollywood Blu-ray movies
- The Hassle-Free Guide to Ripping Blu-ray to ZTE Axon 7 mini
- The Tivo Converter to LG Smart TV Via USB
- Backup DVD Movies to Google Pixel C Tablet
- 2016 Best Mac Online Backup Cloud Services Reviews