If you have installed GoPro Studio and want to edit
several AVI files in it, you maybe have found it isn’t compatible with some types of AVI videos. Don’t worry. We just need a free, third-party App to help us to convert AVI to the specific
parameter which is compatible with GoPro Studio.
Freeware: MPEG Streamclip
First, install QuickTime for Windows, then install MPEG Streamclip for Windows.
a. single AVI file.
Open MPEG Streamclip and click “File” > “Open Files“.
Choose the AVI file you’d like to convert. Go to “File” – “Export to AVI”.
b. multiple AVI files (batch processing)
Open MPEG Streamclip, navigate to on “List” – “Batch List” in the top menu.
Choose “Add Files” and select your AVI files, and then choose “Export to AVI” from the drop-down menu.
Set your destination folder (needs to be a different folder) in the next pop-up window.
Adjust the settings as follows:
Compression: GoPro-CineForm Codec
Quality: 100 %
Sound: Uncompressed Stereo 48 kHz
Frame Size: … (unscaled)
Confirm by clicking on “Make AVI” (single file) or “To Batch” (batch processing), respectively. Have fun!
Payware: Video Converter
Pavtube Video Converter is a brilliant App which can not only convert AVI files to GoPro Studio, but also covert Non-Gopro – Mobius SJ4000 ActionCam Footage for editing in GoPro Studio. In addition to this, this App is bale to to transcode AVI or any other format videos intoVLC Media Player for smooth playback.
If you want to learn about more this App, please review Top 10 Video Converter Guide. If you need a Mac version, please turn to Pavtube Video Converter for Mac.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to Convert an .AVI file for use in GoPro Studio
Step 1. Drag and drop your AVI files to this App.
Step 2. Click on the format bar and follow "HD Video" to select "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)". H.264 MP4 is more compatible than AVI.
Step 3. Click the "Convert" button in the UI to start the conversion. Then you will be able to import and edit AVI videos in GoPro Studio with no problem.
If AVI videos you want to add are not yet in the Media Bin, follow these instructions:
1. Click on the Media button in the Media Bin. This will open a window that allows you to browse for the AVI files that you want to import.
2. Locate and select the files that you want to use in your project. Click Open.
The video files should now be added to your Media Bin.
3. Drag the files from the Media Bin to your Storyboard.
Be Sociable. Share!
If you fail to open MPEG Streamclip, please make sure that your computer meets all necessary requirements.
- How to Edit GoPro HD Hero 2/Hero 3/Hero 4 4K Video Sony Vegas 11/12/13
- Alternative to GoPro Studio to Work with GoPro Hero Footage
- Convert GoPro Camera Videos for Streaming to iPads, iPhones, Xbox One, Xbox 360
- Get GoPro Hero 4K Videos Work Well with Pinnacle Studio
- How to Log and Transfer GoPro Hero+ LCD MP4 to iMovie/FCE
- How to import mp4 from Gopro HD Camera into After Effects CS4/5/6